This is a guest post by my sister, Jill. She is a group fitness instructor and in incredible shape. Make sure to scroll to the bottom to enter the giveaway!
Don’t have a lot of time to get to the gym? No motivation? No problem! All you need is 10 minutes! This routine will keep you on track for the healthy, strong body you deserve and desire! It isn’t the amount of time spent doing the exercises, it is the intensity of the training that will give you the results you want. Not only will you burn a significant amount of calories during the workout, but you will continue to boost your metabolism long after you’re done!! This means you’re continuing to burn many more calories all day!
Just as with sprints on a treadmill, you’re going to have to get out of your comfort zone and push hard. It is not supposed to be pleasant like a walk in the park. These exercises are meant to get your heart rate up and burn calories effectively and efficiently.
I tell my group exercise classes all the time, “make yourself uncomfortable!” Get used to that feeling. You will never see the results you desire if you are always staying in your comfort zone.
Each of these exercises should be done for 1 minute straight. If you have more time, do the routine 2 or 3 times through. The only piece of equipment you will need is a chair.
1) Jumping Jacks: Great warm up
2) High Knees: Get those knees up high, no slacking!
3) Jump Squats: Squat position, lower your butt to the floor, keeping your back straight, and explode through your toes into a jump. This plyometric is also great for building explosive speed.
4) Push Ups: Push ups are a great total body exercise that can always be modified. If you need some help, go down onto your knees. If you need more of a challenge, try a single leg push up where one leg is lifted as you go down into a pushup position.
5) Mountain Climbers: I know we all remember these from gym class in grade school! Mountain climbers are truly one of the best overall toning and fat burning moves out there! Pretty much torture, but in a good way!
6) Step Ups: Step up on the chair with your left leg for 30 seconds, then switch to your right leg for 30 seconds. Or alternate for 1 minute straight.
7) Chair Dips: Make sure your hands are secure on the chair so that you don’t slip off. Keep your chest elevated and your head up. Slowly lower down making sure your elbows don’t bend to an angle smaller than 90 degrees. For an added level of difficulty, raise one leg while dipping down, then switch legs on the next rep.
8) Jumping Lunges: Lunges are a fantastic thigh toning exercise. Adding in the jump in between lunges and you’ve got yourself an incredible calorie burner!
9) Side planks with leg raises: Side planks most specifically target outer thighs, obliques, and deltoids. Side planks are great for building strength and coordination of the entire body. Lie on your side and position yourself on your bottom elbow and side of your foot. Lift your hips in the air, forming a straight line from ankles to shoulders, and brace your core. While keeping your torso stable, raise your top leg without bending your knee. Do not let your hips drop. Return to starting position.
10) Burpees: This cardio move tones your core, upper body and legs all at once. Why does everyone groan when it’s time for burpees? Because they are hard!! Finish strong with as many burpees as you can in 1 minute! Begin in a squat position with hands on the floor in front of you. Kick your feet back to a pushup position. Immediately return your feet to the squat position. Leap up as high as possible from the squat position.
Giveaway–Enter to Win!
Every morning I start my day with my 2 THRIVE capsules on an empty stomach. I get my workout clothes on and I set my timer for 10 minutes. By the time I am done with my exercises I am ready for my delicious THRIVE Lifestyle shake which is filled with all of the vitamins, minerals, pre and probiotics, and antioxidants my body needs. Thrive is a gluten free Premium Grade Nutritional System that helps with weight management, cognitive performance, joint support, inflammation support, lean muscle support, and digestive and immune support. Since starting my Thrive experience my workouts have improved tremendously! I have a nice clean sustained energy that gets me going first thing in the morning with NO midday crash!
Sign up now for a FREE customer or promoter account at jillbelle.le-vel.com. Once there, on the top right there is a “Customer” tab and a “Promoter” tab where you can click on to create your free account. Everyone who signs up will be entered in a drawing to win a FREE month supply of Thrive ($150 Value)!!