Have you see the Kraft Fresh Take meal kits, yet? It’s an easy way to maximize flavor at dinnertime. The cheese and breadcrumb mix gives you flavorful, crisp and cheesy dishes with easy preparation.
|The cheesy/breadcrumb Kraft Fresh Take can be found in the refrigerated cheese section of your grocery store.
A few months ago I had the opportunity to go to a restaurant in Chicago called Balena’s. We ate family style and were served several different dishes. The one that I’m still thinking about? The Orecchiette with Kale, Lemon, Bread Crumbs and Chili. It was SOOOOO good. I was sad that I didn’t have my own big ol’ plate of it to scarf down. I’ve been wanting to re-create it at home and I finally did! Now I couldn’t find orecchiette in my grocery store so I just used medium pasta shells. It tasted amazing. I hope that you will all try this delicious, vegetarian meal this summer. It is bright and flavorful and can be served as an entree or a side dish. I was a little nervous about using the kale because I’ve heard it can be quite bitter, but it was seriously sooooooo good! Not bitter at all. And the Kraft Fresh Take Italian Parmesan gave the meal the perfect amount of seasonings. TRY IT, TRY IT, TRY IT!
8 oz dry pasta shells (medium size), it will be about 2 3/4 cups to 3 cups
1 bunch of kale
8 oz cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 large lemon, juiced, it will be 1/4 cup juice approximately
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 package Kraft Fresh Take Italian Parmesan Recipe
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add about a 1/2 tsp salt to the water. Add the pasta to the water and boil for about 4 minutes.
2. While pasta is cooking, trim the kale and chop (here are instructions on how to do that). (I didn’t use the entire bunch of kale, I trimmed it and then used about 8 cups)
3. Add the kale in with the boiling water and pasta. Boil for another 4 or 5 minutes.
4. Using a colander, drain the water. Transfer pasta and kale back into the large pot.
5. Add the olive oil, tomatoes, lemon juice and ground red pepper to the pot.
6. Open the Kraft Fresh Take package. Peel open the center portion so that the cheese and breadcrumbs get all mixed up.
|On one side is the seasoned breadcrumbs mixture and on the other is the Parmesan cheese.
Open the bag completely to mix the two together!
7. Stir the Kraft Fresh Take into the pot. Stir to coat the noodles.
8. Pour the contents of the pot into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
9. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes (if you like the past more soft and creamy then cover the dish with foil, if you like the pasta and breadcrumbs more toasted then cook uncovered)
10. Serve and enjoy!
Summer is just around the corner!! Check out this digital magazine to get some great ideas for summer (it includes ideas from Kraft as well).