Gooey fudgy brownies with a layer of coconut. These brownies are reminiscent of a Mounds Bar.
For the brownies:
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the macaroon layer:
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13×9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Add eggs; stir well.
- Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and vanilla; stir well. Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- In another bowl stir together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt.
- Spread a thin layer, about half the brownie batter, in the bottom of the pan. Gently scoop and spread the coconut mixture over the top of the batter. Then spread the remaining brownie batter over the top of the coconut mixture. It won’t cover it completely and that’s okay.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. The middle will be gooey because of the coconut mixture but the brownie part will be baked through.
- Let the pan cool for a few minutes and then dive in and eat. Store leftovers in an airtight container for a few days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: dessert, brownies, chocolate, coconut