Makes 6 servings
Flavorseal Fireside Chili Slow Cooker Liner (this product is no longer available)
1 lb of roast (chunk or cross rib work best)
1/2 lb cooked ground beef
1 1/3 cup dried pinto beans, rinsed and sorted
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
2 cups water
Plenty of Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Soak the pinto beans in plenty of water overnight or do the quick soak method. Drain water from beans.
2. Unfold liner and place into slow cooker, gently pushing sides sot hat liner is evenly spread out. Fold unseasoned side of the bag over slow cooker edges to hold it in place.
3. Add beans, roast, ground beef, tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. Stir and ensure that all seasoned portions of the liner are moistened.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for about 7-9 hours. Roast should be very tender. Remove roast and shred and add back in.
5. Stir the chili several times and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite condiments.