Makes 4 servings
5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (if you use regular, it may be a little salty)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1. Use this trick, if you have a slow cooker liner.
2. Place thighs in slow cooker.
3. In a small bowl whisk the soy sauce, Worcestershire, tapioca, garlic, brown sugar and oyster sauce together.
4. Pour over the top of the chicken and tie up the liner.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
6. Break up chicken into pieces with 2 forks. If you want, you can thicken up the sauce with some cornstarch. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
I just found my new go-to meal. Garlic Lime Chicken was my old fave and now this one is my new fave. It had the perfect flavor balance and using the slow cooker liner made the chicken so tender and delicious. Plus, I always have all the ingredients on hand and it takes about 5 minutes to put together! The only thing that I would change is maybe double the sauce or 1 1/2 times it. We ran out of sauce before we ran out of chicken. It was also very runny so adding another tablespoon of tapioca or dredging the chicken in some flour might be helpful too. 5 stars (easy, budget friendly and everyone liked it)
I'm sorry I don't have the nutritional information!
This looks AMAZING! Do you offer any calorie counts?
Teresa, I used my 3 quart slow cooker. It's my fave.
Can you tell me what size crockpot you used?
I don't think it makes it taste fishy at all. Maybe if you're ultra sensitive though, I'm not sure.
Question, if you don't mind. Oyster sauce? Will that make it fishy? I've never used it and I HATE fish 🙂 Thanks!
Katie Compton says
We very much enjoyed this recipe.
Six Sisters says
This looks so good! Thanks for linking up with Strut Your Stuff Saturday. We're hoping you will join us again next week with more great ideas! – The Sisters