Makes 8 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: oval 6 quart
1 (12 oz) package fresh cranberries
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs at room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Zest from 1 orange
Glaze: 2 Tbsp orange juice and 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, vanilla and orange zest.
2. Sift together 2 3/4 cups of the flour, baking powder, and salt. Blend with creamed mixture.
3. Fold in remaining 1/4 cup flour with the cranberries.
4. Place parchment paper in the bottom of slow cooker (cut to fit in the bottom of your slow cooker)
5. Pour batter into 6-quart oval slow cooker and cover. Cook on HIGH for about 3 hours, until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. When cool, place large oval plate on top of slow cooker insert. Flip over slow cooker so that the cake comes out onto the plate. Remove parchment paper.
7. Glaze with orange juice mixed with powdered sugar.
This is adapted from a bundt cake that my mom makes that I just love. It worked just fine in the slow cooker and was gobbled up. If you want to cook it in a bundt pan, bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours.