A yummy breakfast casserole to make when you have company or if you're hosting a brunch!
Makes 4-6 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart (if you use a bigger size, it will take less time to cook)
1/2 lb ground sausage, browned and drained
1/2 cup milk
Salt and pepper
1 lb red potatoes (or frozen hashbrowns)
1/2 cup picante sauce or salsa
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Grate the red potatoes. Place in a colander and rinse with cold water (this will prevent them from getting brown). Pat dry.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the milk and salt and pepper. Pour into a slow cooker.
4. Add in the sausage, potatoes, salsa and cheese. Stir a bit.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours, or until potatoes are cooked through and the eggs are set.
This is a great recipe for a brunch or even breakfast for dinner night. My family enjoyed it. The kids ate it with ketchup and I ate mine with additional salsa.