4 cups cooked cubed potatoes (you can easily use leftover baked potatoes)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1-2 cups fresh spinach
1 lb ground breakfast sausage, cooked and drained (substitute cubed ham or bacon, if you prefer)
1/4 cup milk
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground mustard
1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
Salt and pepper
1. Spray the inside of a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Use a foil collar* on the hot spot of your slow cooker.
2. Place potatoes on bottom of cooker. Salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle mushrooms and spinach on top of potatoes.
4. Top with sausage, peppers and onions.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, garlic powder and ground mustard together. Salt and pepper the eggs. Pour over the top of the sausage.
6. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the eggs.
7. Cover and cook on HIGH for about 2 hours or on LOW for about 4. Scoop out and serve with salsa.
Ideal slow cooker size: 4-6 quart
- Method: Slow Cooker