Happy happy happy happy happy blogiversary!
Yay for 365 Days of Slow Cooking!
You've been alive for 4 years, little buddy and you've come a long way! Who knew that so many moms would love your recipes and come to you for inspiration for dinner?!
In celebration of the anniversary of my blog I made this delicious moist chocolate and caramel cake that will be sure to please a crowd and your taste buds! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! If you love this blog and have used my recipes please pin, tweet or facebook this post in celebration of this awesome day :) Thanks, friends.
Makes about 10 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: 6 quart
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup milk or cream
1 cup plain yogurt (or sour cream)
1 (16.5 oz) yellow cake mix, unprepared
1/4 cup cocoa powder (if you like it really chocolaty then put in 1/2 cup)
1 cup mini chocolate chips (or more if you like it like that...and I do)
2 Tbsp butter
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup evaporated milk
Garnish with chocolate syrup and chocolate, if desired
1. In small microwave safe bowl, combine cream cheese and milk. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute; remove and stir. Continue microwaving for 30 second intervals until cream cheese melts; stir with wire whisk to blend.
2. Place in large bowl; stir in yogurt, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and egg. Mix well. Add cake mix and stir just until combined.
3. Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick baking spray. Spread batter evenly in slow cooker.
4. In small saucepan, combine butter, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk; heat to boiling, stirring until blended. Carefully pour over batter in slow cooker.
5. Cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Uncover, turn off slow cooker, top loosely with foil, and let stand for 30 minutes.
6. Gently run a sharp knife around the edges of the cake and invert over serving plate until cake drops out. If any sauce remains in slow cooker, spoon over cake. Cool for 30-45 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate and chocolate sauce, if desired.
How could this cake not be good? Cream cheese, chocolate, sweetened condensed milk. It's got all the makings for greatness. If you're a coconut fan I think it would be so yummy to add some in with the batter too. 4 stars.
P.S. Make sure to get all the latest and greatest slow cooker recipes by subscribing to 365 Days of Slow Cooking and join in the foodie fun on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!