Makes 8-10 servings (you can easily halve this recipe)
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes, not drained
2 (4 oz) cans diced green chiles
2 (8 oz) cans of tomato sauce
1 or 2 (14 oz) cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (you could probably have success with chicken breasts on this recipe, since they'll be submerged in liquid and that should keep them moist)
1 Tbsp dehydrated chopped onion
1/2 tsp Shirley J chicken bouillon or 1 tsp regular chicken bouillon granules + 1 cup water OR 1 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 cup enchilada sauce (hot, medium or mild)
8 oz cream cheese
Salt and pepper
Grated cheese and tortilla chips
1. Add tomatoes, chiles, tomato sauce, beans, chicken, onion, bouillon, water, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and enchilada sauce to a large slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
3. Remove chicken and place on a cutting board. Shred the chicken or cut up into small bite size pieces. Place back into the slow cooker.
4. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and stir into the slow cooker. It will take a few minutes to melt. Stir it and it will get nice and creamy. Add in salt and pepper to taste and additional seasonings to taste.
5. Serve with chips and cheese
I know we're getting out of soup season but I had to make one last soup before it's 90+ degrees every single day. I wasn't so sure at first but I ended up really liking this soup. It had quite a kick to it! So make sure to use mild sauce if you don't like things too spicy. I made a huge batch, but of course you could easily halve this recipe. 4 stars.