4 cups cooked cubed potatoes (I had leftover baked potatoes that I just cubed, skin and all)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1-2 cups fresh spinach leaves (they shrink down so much so use more than you think you need)
1 lb breakfast sausage, cooked and drained (or you can use cubed ham or bacon or whatever you want)
1/4 cup milk
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground mustard
1-2 Tbsp Thrive freeze-dried onions
Handful of Thrive freeze-dried red bell pepper or green pepper
Salt and pepper
1. Spray the inside of a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Use a foil collar on the hot spot of your slow cooker.
2. Place potatoes on bottom of cooker. Salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle mushrooms and spinach on top of potatoes.
4. Top with sausage, peppers and onions. (you don't have to re-hydrate the veggies)
5. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, garlic powder and ground mustard together. Salt and pepper the eggs. Pour over the top of the sausage.
6. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the eggs.
7. Cover and cook on HIGH for about 2 hours or on LOW for about 4. Scoop out and serve with salsa.
I served this hearty breakfast casserole for dinner. It hit the spot...there were so many layers and delicious ingredients. This would be great for a brunch or Christmas morning or as I served it--for dinner. Feel free to add in whatever veggies you want. 3 1/2 stars