12 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed and trimmed
1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
2 tsp chicken bouillon granules or 1 tsp Shirley J chicken bouillon
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground red pepper (if you like it spicy, add more)
2 Tbsp cornstarch
Toppings: red bell pepper, grated zucchini, peanuts, coconut flakes, cilantro
1. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
2. In small bowl combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, bouillon, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic powder and ground red pepper. Whisk until smooth. Pour over the top of the chicken.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
4. Remove lid. Combine 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 2 Tbsp water in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. Pour into the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 10 minutes without the lid, until sauce thickens.
5. Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Top with desired toppings.
Yum. I loved this dish. The coconut milk made it nice and creamy and it really is fast and easy to get going. I loved all the texture and flavor of the toppings too. I'm excited for the leftovers tomorrow!!! 5 stars.