1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp oil
10 3/4 can cream of mushroom soup
10 3/4 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
10 oz can green enchilada saude
4.5 oz can peeled, diced green chilies
20 corn tortillas
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Boil chicken. Shred meat and discard bones and skin.
2. Saute onion in oil in saucepan until translucent. Stir in soups, sour cream, green enchilada sauce, and chilies. Heat until warm.
3. Tear tortillas into bite-sized pieces.
4. Layer half of sauce, chicken, tortillas, and cheese in slow cooker, alternating layers. Repeat, ending with cheese and sauce.
5. Cover. Cook on low 5-6 hours, or high 2-3 hours.
Instead of a whole chicken I just used chicken breasts and cooked them in the slow cooker and then shredded them. I also used dried onions instead of fresh. I left out the green chilies because I don't really like spicy stuff. I also used probably 7 multi grain tortillas instead of corn tortillas. This was an easy way to make enchiladas and it turned out very tasty!