A pile of layered nachos with Instant Pot sliced beef, homemade (easy!) cheese sauce and all the fixings. A FUN family dinner that you’re going to love.
For the meat:
- 8 ounces of cooked and chopped eye of round roast (you can also use chopped steak)
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
For the cheese sauce:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup whole milk or evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp minced pickled jalapenos
- 1 Tbsp pickled jalapeno juice
- 2 Tbsp Pace Picante Sauce
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of cumin
For the nachos:
- 1/4 pound tortilla chips
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup Sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1/3 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1/3 cup Sour cream
- Add the chopped meat to a small bowl. Stir in the lime juice, salt and garlic powder. Let sit while you prepare the cheese sauce.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and melt the butter. Slowly whisk in the flour until it’s dissolved. Whisk in the milk slowly. When it starts bubbling whisk in the cheeses until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the jalapenos, juice, picante sauce, cayenne and cumin.
- In a tall bowl, a 110 ounce empty aluminum can, or the 3 quart instant pot liner layer the nachos three times in this order: chips, cheese, steak, beans, jalapenos, picante sauce and sour cream.
- Place a large round plate over the nachos and invert the bowl/can. Slowly lift off the can and you should have a pile of layered nachos.
- Call in the troops and dig in!
This is a great recipe to make with leftover eye of round roast
Pickled jalapenos can be found by the pickles at the grocery store. I buy the mild, tame jalapenos. They add so much flavor without a lot of spice
- Category: Beef