Chopped chicken is encompassed in a velvety white sauce made with sour cream, cream cheese and diced green chilies. The sauce is served over rice and topped with colorful toppings. An easy way to enjoy the flavors of enchiladas without a ton of work.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced green chilies
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup flour
- Optional toppings: diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, guacamole, grated monterey jack cheese
- Hot cooked rice or cauliflower rice
- In a pan over medium high heat melt the butter. Then add in the onion and saute. Add in cumin and garlic powder. When the onion is softened add the onions into the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken into the slow cooker and then pour the broth into the pot. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on top of the chicken. Spoon the green chilies on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low to 4-6 hours.
- Use tongs to place chicken on a cutting board. In a bowl mix together the softened cream cheese, sour cream and flour. Stir the sour cream mixture into the slow cooker. Stir until smooth. Turn the slow cooker to high. The mixture will thicken up in a few minutes.
- Chop the chicken. Then add the chopped chicken back into the slow cooker and stir it into the sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice and then top with desired toppings.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker