All the flavors of your favorite sandwich in soup form!
- 1 (15.5 oz) package of Hurst’s Hambeens Brand Slow Cooker Bacon and Beans
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cubed, cooked turkey
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste1 (12 oz) package of bacon, cooked until crispy
- 2 ripe avocados
- The night before, open the beans package and save the seasoning packet for later. Pour beans into a large bowl and then fill the bowl with water to cover the beans plus a couple of inches. Add
1 tsp of salt into the bowl. Let the beans soak overnight. Drain all the water off the beans and add them to the slow cooker.
- Add in 5 cups of water, 1 1/2 tsp salt, garlic, turkey and diced onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours, or until beans are tender.
- Add in the seasoning packet. Stir. Salt and pepper to taste
- Smash the avocados like guacamole or slice them up. Cut the crispy bacon into pieces.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with a scoop of avocados and sprinkle with the bacon pieces. Serve and enjoy.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker