Well here we are with just a few days until Thanksgiving! It’s so exciting isn’t it? Well I know we’re not thinking about leftover turkey just yet. But I wanted to get this soup recipe on your radar so that when you have leftover turkey to use up in a few days you’ll be ready!
Anyway, I really love the Slow Cooker Bacon and Beans because bacon is just a winner isn’t it? And I love the seasoning packets included in the Hurst’s products because they are so flavorful and you don’t have to add a million of your own seasonings. You’ll notice on this recipe that it only has a handful of ingredients. This makes it so easy to get this recipe going in the morning.
If you want other great bean recipes make sure to add Hurst’s to your facebook feed. They are always sharing delicious dinner ideas. And we’re heading into the dead of winter so I’m sure we will all appreciate new soup and chili ideas.
- 1 (15.5 oz) package of Hurst’s Hambeens Brand Slow Cooker Bacon and Beans
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cubed, cooked turkey
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste1 (12 oz) package of bacon, cooked until crispy
- 2 ripe avocados
- The night before, open the beans package and save the seasoning packet for later. Pour beans into a large bowl and then fill the bowl with water to cover the beans plus a couple of inches. Add
1 tsp of salt into the bowl. Let the beans soak overnight. Drain all the water off the beans and add them to the slow cooker.
- Add in 5 cups of water, 1 1/2 tsp salt, garlic, turkey and diced onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours, or until beans are tender.
- Add in the seasoning packet. Stir. Salt and pepper to taste
- Smash the avocados like guacamole or slice them up. Cut the crispy bacon into pieces.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with a scoop of avocados and sprinkle with the bacon pieces. Serve and enjoy.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker