Tender bites of chicken, sweet pineapple chunks and colorful bell peppers served with a sweet and sour sauce. All made in one pot, your crockpot.
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 2 pounds breasts)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 bell peppers (I used 1 orange and 1 yellow), cored and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- Trim your chicken of excess fat and cut it into 1 inch cubes. Add the chicken, salt, pepper and cornstarch into your slow cooker. Toss the chicken to coat it in the cornstarch.
- In a bowl combine the vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, juice from the can of pineapple, and brown sugar. Whisk it and then pour it over the chicken. Add the pineapple chunks, bell peppers and onions into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Stir and serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker