Makes 5 cups
2 pounds strawberries, washed and stems removed
3 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Pinch of salt
1 (1.75 oz) box fruit pectin
1. Place strawberries in blender or food processor and pulse until almost smooth. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Stir the sugar, lemon juice and salt into the strawberries.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 hours, until berries start to disintegrate.
4. Transfer jam to large pot and bring to a boil. Add in pectin and boil jam over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and can jam following standard canning procedures.
I wanted to try strawberry jam in the slow cooker simply because it is something that I haven’t done yet. And let’s face it, I don’t have a lot of recipes that I haven’t done yet. Also, I had about 6 pounds of strawberries that needed to be used up. I usually just make freezer jam because it is so simple and tastes great. But if you don’t have room in your freezer you can for sure make this recipe and it will be super tasty…just a little more labor intensive and a little more clean up. 4 stars.