Makes 6 servings
10 slices of bread, cubed and toasted (I put mine in the oven to toast)
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup strawberry jam (I used this recipe)
Powdered sugar and cinnamon
1. Line your slow cooker with a foil collar (see instructions below). Then spray inside of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2 Place toasted bread cubes in the slow cooker.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, milk, vanilla, eggs and strawberry jam. Pour over the top of the bread. Press down bread to submerge in the liquid.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and serve.
I thought that this was really yummy. However, not one other member of my family ate it. They thought it was weird. I guess I’ll probably just stick with normal French toast from now on. 3 stars.
How to make a foil collar:
• Layer and fold sheets of heavy duty foil until you have a six layered foil rectangle. Press the collar into the back side of the slow cooker insert; the food will help hold the collar in place during cooking.
no, you don't have to use the foil. I just use it so it cooks evenly.
Do you have use the foil?
The Better Baker says
Looks really yummy to me! I love easy recipes like this one. YUUUM-OOOO!