Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops with Bacon–the best slow cooker pork chops recipe ever! Tender pork smothered with savory sauce and bacon crumbles all made in your slow cooker.
- 8 slices crispy bacon, crumbled and divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
- Fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
- Place half of the bacon in bottom of slow cooker, save the other half for later.
- Microwave the onion, water, brown sugar, garlic and thyme for about 3-4 minutes (stirring every minute) until onions are softened.
- Stir the flour, broth and soy sauce into the onion mixture. Pour into slow cooker and add in the bay leaf.
- Nestle the pork chops into the sauce and lightly salt and pepper them.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-5 hours. Transfer pork chops to serving platter and tent loosely with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf and then stir vinegar into sauce in slow cooker. Spoon sauce over pork chops. Garnish with parsley and top with extra bacon and serve.
*I use my 3-quart casserole crockpot for this recipe.