A savory version of baked beans made in the slow cooker.
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans of pinto beans
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp beef bouillon
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Add both cans of beans, juice and all, to the slow cooker. Add in the liquid smoke, brown sugar, bouillon, mustard, garlic powder and red pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Stir in ketchup and serve.
I used my 3 quart slow cooker for this recipe.