A flavorful hearty soup with chunks of sausage, lentils, rice, fire roasted tomatoes and seasonings. Give it a shot for dinner this week!
- 1 pound ground sausage (you can use pork or turkey sausage)
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 cup diced or grated carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup uncooked lentils
- ½ cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (14 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add in the sausage and onions and brown the sausage for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease using a colander. Add the sausage into the slow cooker. Stir in the garlic, broth, carrots, celery, oregano, basil, lentils, rice, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until lentils and rice are tender.
- Stir the soup and salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker