- 1 or 2 red bell peppers, cut into chunky pieces
- 3/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Add diced red peppers, onions, butter, minced garlic, rice and 1/2 cup broth to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 4 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds.
- Add mixture to slow cooker that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Add in 2 cups broth, 1 cup water, 1/4 tsp salt. Cover and cook on HIGH for about 3-4 hours (mine took 3 hours and 15 minutes).
- Remove lid and stir. It should be thick and creamy. Add in cheese and a few dashes of vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart