I love the combination of mint and chocolate together. Andes mints, Junior Mints, Mint M&Ms, mint chocolate chip ice cream, thin mint girl scout cookies!! All are awesome to me. This is a super duper simple recipe and tastes great over vanilla ice cream or if you wanted to get real crazy you could serve it over mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- 1 cup mint chips (these are green, I like the Guittard brand)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Milk, to thin out if needed
- Dump the mint and chocolate chips and the heavy cream in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 1 hour, or until chocolate is melted.
- Stir until chocolate chips are melted and the consistency is smooth. Add in milk one tablespoon at a time, to thin out the sauce, if needed.
- Serve over ice cream or you can use it as fondue and dip marshmallows, cookies, pretzels etc, in it.
Ideal slow cooker size: 2-3 quart