If you love the coconut soup when you go to Thai restaurants, you will love this soup
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp Thai red curry paste (I used mild, find it in the Asian section of the grocery store)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into cubes
- 6 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp lemongrass stir-in paste (you can find this by the herbs in the produce section)
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Combine coconut milk, red thai curry paste, broth, chicken, mushrooms, lemongrass paste in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 6 quart*
Click here for the Instant Pot version of this recipe.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker