Makes 6 servings
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 (0.7 oz) packet Good Seasons Italian salad dressing and recipe mix
1 Tbsp oil (I used canola)
1 Tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp minced garlic
4 oz chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup bacon bits
1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1 (10.75 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
Parsley for garnish
1. In a microwave-safe bowl combine the onion, Italian salad dressing mix, oil, tomato paste and garlic. Microwave for about 4 minutes, stirring every minute. Transfer to 3-5 quart slow cooker.
2. Cut each thigh into 4 pieces and place in slow cooker.
3. Stir in the mushrooms and bacon.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
5. Stir in yogurt. If you want to stretch it, add in a can of cream of chicken soup. Serve over rice, noodles, barley, potatoes, etc. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Delicious and fairly easy. I told my husband that this recipe was inspired by him since he loves bacon so much. We served ours over barley, which I’ve been loving lately and with a side of broccoli. It was a simple weeknight meal. 4 stars.
King Brian says
The Yogurt and creme of chicken noodle soup go in at the end?
[email protected] says