A creamy delectable mushroom sauce covers well seasoned and tender meatballs.
For the sauce:
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the meatballs:
- 1 ¼ pounds (20 oz) ground pork
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and add in the butter and swirl it around until it is melted. Add in the onion and the mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes. Add beef broth and worcestershire into the slow cook. Add onions/mushrooms into the slow cooker.
- While the onions are cooking prepare the meatballs. In a bowl use clean or gloved hands to mix the ground pork, onion powder, egg, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and milk. Form into meatballs, about ¼ cup each. Add the meatballs into the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Until meatballs are cooked through.
- Temper the sour cream by adding 1 Tbsp of the mushroom/broth at a time into the sour cream and whisking. Do a total of 4 Tbsp. Then pour the sour cream into the slow cooker. Thicken your sauce by turning your slow cooker to high and then stirring the cornstarch and water together until smooth. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the slow cooker. The sauce will thicken in about 10 minutes. Salt and pepper the sauce to taste.
- Serve the meatballs with sauce on top. You can serve with potatoes, noodles or rice, if desired.
You can do a combination of lean ground beef and lean ground pork instead of all pork if desired.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Polish