Creamy no fuss and no stir pesto risotto with tender bites of chicken made in your crockpot.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long grained brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a microwave safe dish, stir together the onion, butter, garlic, rice and 1/2 cup broth.
- Microwave for 4 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds.
- Transfer to a greased slow cooker.
- Stir in the remaining 3 cups of broth and the pesto. Nestle the chicken into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 3 hours. (mine took exactly 3 hours…yours may take more or less depending on your slow cooker)
- Stir and break up chicken with a spoon. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately (this tastes best served right away, it doesn’t hold up very well on the warm setting)
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 537 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Protein: 21 g