3 large fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (if fresh aren’t in season, use frozen not canned)
1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
2 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup quick oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/4 cup butter
1. Place sliced peaches and blueberries in bottom of a greased 5-6 quart slow cooker. Stir in the tapioca.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, oatmeal, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Cut the butter in with a pastry blender or a fork. Mixture should be crumbly. Sprinkle over the peaches. 4. Cover the slow cooker with a paper towel. Then place the lid securely over the paper towel.
5. Cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours-3 hours (depending on how hot your slow cooker cooks).
6. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
What a perfect summer treat. Peaches are only in season for a good 2 weeks, so take advantage of it! I love crisps and cobblers and the slow cooker is so perfect to make these desserts…no need to heat up your home.
Karen, how do I get the crumble drier? I used the paper towel, but still too moist.
It’s never going to be that dry because it’s cooked in a moist heat environment. You may want to use the oven instead or brown at the end under your broiler.
Hi! This looks absolutely delicious! I found you at the Chef-In-Training's Link party and would love for you to share them at my link party at http://mommyssweetconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/09/sweet-confessions-sunday-link-party-6.html . See you at the party!
Kalyn Denny says
Sounds delicious Karen!
Wow, this looks really good.