- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 1 1/4 cup brown rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups picante sauce or salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, diced
- Add garlic, jalapeno, brown rice, broth, chiles, beans, salsa, corn, chili powder, cumin, pepper, salt and bay leave to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 3 hours, or until rice is cooked through.
- Discard the bay leaf. Sprinkle cheddar over the top and let it melt. It will only take a couple of minutes.
- Top individual servings with cilantro, a dollop of sour cream and avocados.
Ideal slow cooker: 3 quart (I used my casserole crock)