Lentils, red beans and spices simmered in a creamy tomato sauce. Serve like a chili or over rice.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey, browned
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno, minced (seeds and pith removed)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked brown lentils
- 1 (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Toppings: grated cheese and diced green onions
- Add browned ground beef, onion, jalapeno, garlic, broth, paprika, cumin, coriander, ginger, sugar, salt, pepper, beans, lentils, tomato sauce and tomato paste to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in vinegar and half and half. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop into bowls and top with cheese and onions.
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Indian