Slow Cooker Lentil Hummus–Make your own garlic lentil hummus at home in your slow cooker. It is super easy to make and a perfect healthy snack.
- 1 (15.5 oz) package of Hurst’s Brand Garlic and Herb Lentils
- 7 cups water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place lentils into the slow cooker. Reserve the seasoning packet for later. Add in the water, salt and garlic cloves.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours, or until lentils are very soft and tender.
- Place a colander over a bowl. Drain the extra water into the bowl. Save for later.
- Place lentils into a blender or food processor. Add in oil. Blend until smooth. Add in seasoning packet and a little bit of lemon juice to taste. Salt and pepper to taste. If the hummus is too thick add in some of the reserved liquid and blend (you may even need to add in a bit of extra water).
- Serve hummus with fresh vegetables or pita chips. Store leftovers in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.