An easy version of a popular soup. A flavorful brothy soup with orzo and meatballs made in your slow cooker.
- 1 small or medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 ribs of celery, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound frozen Italian-style meatballs
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion soup mix
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- Optional: 2 cups chopped spinach or kale
- Add onion, carrots, celery, meatballs, chicken broth, beef broth, basil, garlic powder, onion soup mix, ketchup and thyme into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- Add in the pasta and cover the slow cooker. Turn slow cooker to high. Let the pasta cook until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add in spinach or kale, if desired. Ladle into bowls and serve.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian