Get fall apart roast paired with potatoes, carrots, green beans and gravy made easy in your slow cooker. A perfect Sunday dinner just like Grandma used to make.
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2–3 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 pounds red or yellow potatoes, washed and cut into large chunks
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp cold water
- Press all the seasonings (salt, onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary, paprika) into all sides of the beef.
- Pour beef broth into slow cooker. Add in roast. If you want to brown the roast beforehand it will taste better. Just brown each side in 1 Tbsp heated oil for 3 minutes.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the lid and add in the vegetables. Drizzle with the worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook for 4 more hours on low.
- Remove the lid and scoop the meat and vegetables onto a large platter. Loosely tent with foil.
- In a small bowl stir the cornstarch and water together until smooth. Stir the mixture into the juices of the crockpot. Turn the slow cooker to HIGH and let it thicken the sauce. You can also thicken the gravy on the stove in a pot if you’re in a time crunch.
- Serve the roast and vegetables with the gravy.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: one pot meal, slow cooker