All the flavors from frito pie except in the form of stew. You might want to double this recipe and have it for lunch all week!
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice or jasmine rice
- 1 (10 oz) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can chili beans (pinto beans in tomatoes and seasoning, also called ranch style beans)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 1/4 cups Fritos chips
- 5 Tbsp diced green onions
- 5 Tbsp sour cream
- 5 Tbsp diced tomatoes
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add in the ground beef and break it up. Add in the onions and taco seasoning. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease. Add the beef to the slow cooker.
- Add water, rice, enchilada sauce and chili beans to the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours, or until rice is tender. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese. Ladle into 5 bowls and top each bowl with ¼ cup Fritos, 1 Tbsp green onions, 1 Tbsp sour cream and 1 Tbsp diced tomatoes. Enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker