Makes 4 servings
5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup salsa
1 tsp Cajun blackened seasoning
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup bacon bits, plus more for serving
1 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca (or use 2 Tbsp if your chicken is frozen)
4 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
1. If you have a slow cooker liner, use this trick. Place chicken inside liner.
2. In a bowl, combine the mayo, salsa, Cajun seasoning, dill, cumin, bacon and tapioca.
3. Spoon sauce over the top of the chicken. Tie up the slow cooker liner and cover the slow cooker.
4. Cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours.
5. Remove lid and untie string. Cut the chicken into chunks or shred. Add the cream cheese into the sauce. Let the cream cheese melt and stir in until creamy. Adjust seasonings, if needed.
6. Serve chicken and sauce over mashed potatoes. Top with extra bacon.
My husband came up with this recipe idea and was insistent on the name, or at least on using the word “explosion” in the title. 🙂
It turned out absolutely delicious! Mine turned out a little runny since I put my chicken in frozen. If you’re not going to thaw the chicken then make sure to add an extra tablespoon of tapioca to thicken things up.
I am planning on making this again soon. 5 stars.