Chunks of chicken smothered in a flavorful cream cheese and tomato sauce and then served over noodles, potatoes or rice.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (frozen is okay)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) brick of cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups coarsely chopped, loosely packed spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a pan over medium high heat on your stove and melt the butter. Add in the onion and saute for about 4 minutes. Then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the contents of the pan into the slow cooker. Stir in the chicken broth. Nestle the chicken into the slow cooker. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and basil. Dump the tomatoes on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Then remove the lid and dump in the cream cheese. In a small bowl stir together 3 Tbsp of cornstarch and 3 Tbsp of water until smooth. Stir this mixture into the slow cooker. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for another 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir, break up the chicken. Add in the spinach and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over mashed potatoes, rice, cauliflower rice or noodles.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker