Easiest to make polenta ever, thanks to your slow cooker! Creamy polenta is served hot with balsamic drizzled roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic and then topped with tart goat cheese. A perfect meatless meal that will leave you feeling satisfied.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup polenta/corn grits (not the instant kind)
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 6 Tbsp goat cheese, for serving
- Add water, polenta and salt to a greased slow cooker. Whisk. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the lid and whisk until creamy. Test for doneness.
- Turn your oven to 400° F. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic to a large bowl. Toss to coat vegetables in the oil. Spread out the contents of bowl onto a sheet pan. Lightly salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Scoop polenta into bowls and top with roasted veggies and top with 1 tablespoon of goat cheese.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Meatless
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegetarian, vegan