An easy recipe for cornbread that you bake in your slow cooker.
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- In a bowl whisk together the corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the milk, egg, oil and stir until combined. Do not overmix.
- Line the hot spot of your slow cooker with a double layer of foil. Cut out a piece of parchment paper that will fit in the bottom of your slow cooker. Place the parchment paper in the bottom of the crock. Spray the sides of the slow cooker with some non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 90 minutes-2 hours. Use a toothpick to check for doneness. Insert the toothpick into the middle of the cornbread. If it comes out clean, it’s done. Let the bread cool for about 10 minutes. Place an oval platter upside down on top of the crock. Quickly flip the crock over so that the cornbread falls onto the top of the platter. Cut and serve.
I used a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Method: Slow Cooker