Slow Cooker Coconut Quinoa and Black Beans is a super simple side dish to go with your favorite grilled meats this summer or eat it as the main dish!
This recipe is so easy even a kid can make it! My daughter, Reagan, and her friend Samantha put this recipe into the crockpot for me. Do you like the height difference between these two 9-year olds?
We all loved this coconut quinoa and we served ours with chicken. It’s slightly sweet and savory too. A perfect combination of island flavor!
The coconut milk makes it so creamy and flavorful. And the black beans gives it some protein and a little fiber. Hope you like this as much as we did 🙂
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (rinse it so it won’t be bitter)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and give a little stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 2-3 hours, or until quinoa is cooked through.
- Stir and serve.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart
- Cook Time: 2-3 hours