A rich and creamy mild curry-like dish with tender bites of chicken and vegetables.
- 1 ½ Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp grated ginger root
- ½ pound (8 oz) Russet potatoes (about 2 small), peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 ½ Tbsp curry powder
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp cold water
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add in the oil and the onions. Saute the onions for about 4-5 minutes. Then add in the chicken chunks and garlic. Stir for about 30 seconds. Add the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add in the broth, ginger, potatoes, carrots, peppers, salt, curry and tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, until veggies are tender.
- Stir in the peas. Temper the cream by adding a few tablespoons of the hot liquid into the cream and whisking it well. Then dump the cream into the slow cooker and stir it in. Thicken the korma with a cornstarch slurry. Turn the slow cooker to high. In a small bowl mix 3 Tbsp cornstarch with 3 tbsp cold water until smooth. Stir the slurry into the slow cooker. The korma will thicken in a few minutes.
- Serve korma with rice or naan bread and top with 1 Tbsp of cilantro and cashews on each dish.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Indian