- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (you can use breasts if you want, but they won’t be as tender)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Kraft minute tapioca
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a zipper plastic bag combine the 1/4 cup flour, pepper, cumin, cayenne seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, ginger, cinnamon and kosher salt.
- Cut each of the thighs into 3 pieces. Cut off any excess fat. Place the chicken pieces into plastic bag. Seal the bag and shake it really well until all the pieces are coated with the flour/spice mixture.
- Pour all the contents of the bag into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tomato sauce, tomato paste and tapioca. When well-combined, pour over the top of the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- In a small bowl stir together the yogurt and flour. Add into the slow cooker and stir. The flour will keep the yogurt from curdling. Add in the lemon juice and stir. Taste and then salt and pepper to taste. Let cook on HIGH without the lid for 10 more minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart