Tender bites of chicken in a tomato sauce with creamy coconut milk. We like to serve this with rice or naan bread. The sauce is so good I could drink it.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable, canola or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and grated or minced
- 2 Tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp quick cooking tapioca
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Fresh cilantro
- Naan bread or rice, to serve
- Heat a pan on the stove over medium high heat. Add in the oil and onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 more seconds. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the tomato paste, ginger, 1 Tbsp of garam masala, paprika, salt, tapioca, chicken and crushed tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Stir in the coconut milk and 1 Tbsp of garam masala.
- Serve sauce and chicken with rice or naan bread and sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 521
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 915 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Protein: 36 g