Super easy slow cooker chicken that is similar to cafe rio chicken salad.
For the Chicken:
- 6 frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs (doesn’t have to be frozen but if you don’t want to defrost you don’t need to)
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
For the Dressing:
- 1 package Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tomatillos (peel outer skin layer)
- 1 clove minced garlic (1 tsp of pre-packaged stuff)
- 1/3 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 small jalapeno (seeds removed)
- Place thighs in bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-8 hours (if chicken is thawed then closer to 4 hours, if frozen closer to 8)
- Shred chicken and serve on top of salad greens with cheese, tomatoes, avocado and any other preferred toppings.
- To make the dressing: Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth and refrigerate.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3-4 quart
- Method: Slow Cooker