Moist bites of chicken, tender chickpeas and white beans, carrots, celery and onions all cooked in a broth flavored with basil pesto.
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth (or 4 cups water and 4 tsp chicken bouillon)
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Place beans, garbanzo beans, chicken, broth, carrot, celery, onion and garlic powder in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is tender. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Cut the chicken into small bite-size pieces. Add chicken back into slow cooker.
- Add in pesto and stir.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top each bowl with a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours