Tender chicken thighs in a flavorful creamy tomato and paprika sauce served over pasta or rice.
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (frozen is fine)
- 1 Tbsp paprika (ideally Hungarian paprika)
- 1 tsp dried marjoram(or you can use ½ tsp dried oregano)
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water
- ½ cup sour cream
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Saute the onion for 4-5 minutes then add it into the slow cooker.
- Add in broth, chicken, paprika, marjoram, salt, pepper, crushed tomatoes and cover the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Then make a cornstarch slurry. In a small bowl stir together 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 3 Tbsp of water, until smooth.Then pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Cook on high without the lid on for 20-30 more minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Stir a few tablespoons of the sauce into the sour cream to temper it and then stir the sour cream into the slow cooker.
- Serve sauce and chicken over rice, egg noodles, orzo, potatoes or riced cauliflower.
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing onions before you slow cook.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker