- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 12 oz ground sausage, browned and drained of grease
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Place chicken, browned sausage, garlic powder, ground mustard and chicken broth in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the lid and use a fork to break up the chicken into bite size pieces. Add in the cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese melts.
- In a little bowl, stir together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH without the lid for about 15 minutes. The sauce will thicken up nicely.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice, potatoes, noodles or biscuits.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3-4 quart