If you want something rich and flavorful for Sunday dinner look no further than this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Sausage. It will please your tastebuds and and your tummy. So so so good.
I love cream cheese. It’s so perfect to me. I don’t eat it often because I’d like to think of myself as somewhat of a health conscious person. But you know, once a week we should all indulge in a dinner like this. It’s not the healthiest of recipes but it is right up there with the best tasting! Besides tasting awesome, it is super easy! Win win! We served our creamy chicken and sausage over rice but you could also serve over noodles or potatoes or biscuits.
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 12 oz ground sausage, browned and drained of grease
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Place chicken, browned sausage, garlic powder, ground mustard and chicken broth in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the lid and use a fork to break up the chicken into bite size pieces. Add in the cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese melts.
- In a little bowl, stir together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH without the lid for about 15 minutes. The sauce will thicken up nicely.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice, potatoes, noodles or biscuits.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3-4 quart