An easy family friendly meal that has a lot of Mexican flare. Orzo pasta is slow cooked along with ground beef, taco sauce and black beans. Fresh ingredients like diced tomatoes, green onions, cilantro and shredded cheddar are stirred in later to create a flavorful meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 1/3 cup uncooked orzo
- 1/2 cup green taco sauce (or you can use green enchilada sauce)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 5 green onions, diced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced olives, drained (optional)
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- Diced or sliced avocado, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Turn your stove on medium high heat. Heat up a pan and add in the ground beef. Break it up with a wooden spoon and brown it. Sprinkle in the taco seasoning and stir. Add in the onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Drain off excess grease, if there is any. Add the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the broth/water, orzo, green taco sauce and black beans into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for about 2 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir in the tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, olives and cheddar. Season with additional taco seasoning and salt and pepper, if needed.
- Scoop into bowls and top with diced avocado and a dollop of sour cream.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 372
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 697 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Protein: 25 g